In September 2018, we introduced new timings to the academic day. Our rationale behind this change is as follows:
- Have a consistent approach to learning every day.
- All students have the same amount of teaching time — 25 hours per week (Year 7 to Year 11)
- One lunch with improved supervision.
- Activities can be put on for students at lunch time to engage.
- Tutor/assembly time is now the first session to set the tone for the day across the school.
Term Dates 2019-20
Detailed below are the term dates for the 2019-20 school year. Please book family trips and holidays outside of school time. If you book a holiday during school time or need to register an absence for any other reason, please complete an absence request form. Please be aware that you may be issued with a penalty notice of £60 per child, per parent, for time off taken during school time.
|Term 1||4 September - 25 October|
|Term 2||4 November - 20 December|
|Term 3||7 January - 14 February|
|Term 4||24 February - 3 April|
|Term 5||20 April - 22 May|
|Term 6||1 June - 17 July|
Training Days (school closed for pupils)
- Monday 2nd September 2019
- Tuesday 3rd September 2019
- Monday 6th January 2020
- Monday 6th July 2020
- Monday 20th July 2020
Timings of the Academic Day
Students should arrive at the academy no later than 8.40 am
|8:45-9:15am||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly|