In September 2018, we introduced new timings to the academic day. Our rationale behind this change is as follows:
- Have a consistent approach to learning every day.
- All students have the same amount of teaching time — 25 hours per week (Year 7 to Year 11)
- One lunch with improved supervision.
- Activities can be put on for students at lunch time to engage.
- Tutor/assembly time is now the first session to set the tone for the day across the school.
Term Dates 2018-19
Detailed below are the term dates for the 2018-19 school year. Please book family trips and holidays outside of school time. If you book a holiday during school time or need to register an absence for any other reason, please complete an absence request form. Please be aware that you may be issued with a penalty notice of £60 per child, per parent, for time off taken during school time.
|Term 1||3 September - 19 October|
|Term 2||29 October - 21 December|
|Term 3||7 January - 15 February|
|Term 4||25 February - 5 April|
|Term 5||23 April - 24 May|
|Term 6||3 June - 23 July|
A full copy of terms dates is available here.
- Monday 7th January 2019
- Monday 22nd July 2019
- Tuesday 23rd July 2019
Timings of the Academic Day
Students should arrive at the academy no later than 8.40 am
|8:45-9:15am||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly||Tutor Assembly|